Because they know we'll find things for them?

Seriously though, I have found the same to be true. They don't pick up or move anything when they look - just stand there with a cabinet open yelling 'I don't see it, are you sure it's here?'
Originally Posted by rileyb
Seriously. My husband will absolutely HAVE to have something RIGHT NOW can never find it, even when I tell him exactly where it is.

Him: I can't find this completely random object that I haven't even thought about in over a year. Do you know where it is?

Me: Did you look in the laundry room, on top of the dresser? I saw it mixed in with the other random stuff that you simply had to have but only used once.

Him: Yes. It's not there. I looked everywhere.

Me: did you look under your collection of identical motorcycle t-shirts and baseball caps?

Him: Yes. Did you take it?

I then go into the laundry room, lift up one sock and find whatever it is he wants. Every. Single. Time. This has been going on continually for 11 years. About three years ago, I started heading him off at the pass by answering his first question with, "Oh, I wonder if it was in that big bag of your stuff that I gave to the Goodwill."
Quote:
When are women going to face the fact that they donít know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
Bonsai Culturist