My hair is easily weighed down, which sucks because I love big hair (grew up in the south - it's a requirement). I can use AG:recoil with great results IF I apply it first thing out of shower to soaking wet hair, THEN scrunch w microfiber towel. I will comb it through soaking wet hair and scrunch after. The combing disperses it through and scrunching takes out the excess and leaves just enough to activate tighter curls without weight. I use mousse on top, scrunch again, plop for 10 or 20 mins, then diffuse. I get good curls that last and hair feels soft. It's the CG approach for product application I guess, but I have to get a lot of the water out before I diffuse or my hair is flat.

There's no question that less is more in my case.
The first time I used it i just worked a pea sized drop into my hair after i taken some of the water out and i hated it. My hair was stiff and felt dirty. If it hadn't been so expensive I would never have tried it again. Lots of water during application allows the product to work for me.

But, I am on a quest to find the simplest routine that delivers the best hair. My order for CHS Rev Up! poo and spray just arrived. I will test it tomorrow. Am going to try that w curl keeper and mousse. The search for definition AND volume continues....
2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Current rotation:
cowash= TN
AG Gel Mousse, LA Gel,
DT = Coconut oil (love)