HoC, sounds like we're in the same boat when it comes to making FSG. But you're right. The second gunky version has better hold so I guess I'm doing all right. I kind of want to throw this out and make batch 3 later today and see what I come up with. . . Do you ever use the FSG to refresh second day curls? I know supposedly you can add it to the hair and the hair just drinks the nutrients it needs but I'm a little afraid to try. I just know it felt like too much I'd want to shower right away.

flippalicious, I'm afraid to add pure gelatin because I have coarse hair but it sounds like a good idea regarding HoC's query. If your hair loves protein, that is. The only thing with gelatin is, again, it doesn't smell so nice. Unless you add anything else to the "pack" I suppose. I'm thinking of putting a drop or two of my lavender into my next batch of FSG so I don't smell like an aloe plant.

So the consistency of mucus is what I was subconsciously going for. I wanted something that reminded me of KCCC because so far I haven't encountered anything that my hair loves more than that. I need a jelly. But I think what I came up with last night isn't that far off. It's just a little too thick compared to the KCCC maybe. But it did provide good definition. I could've used more but as always I tend to use a dime size of new things and ease my way into them. Not that FSG would probably make your hair feel hard or crispy from what I've read, but. . . just to be on the safe side. I like my hair to have movement. What has been your experience with FSG guys? Is it always soft in your hair? How much do you use for your particular length? I have medium long hair right now. BSL.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG