I'm a 3C, and I used to get pulled aside a lot by those flat iron salespeople. One time, I told the person I wasn't interested because I'm trying to take better care of my hair and grow it out, which means no heat. The person told me that these flat irons weren't harmful because of some material in it or something. Honestly, I wasn't buying it, and silently flipped my sh** on the way home because they straightened a piece of my hair. (I'd made it look really good that day and this messed up my style. Not even putting water from my water bottle on the straightened piece got it to go back to how it looked that day! ) Luckily, I don't get mobbed by those people anymore. I'm not gonna your model, dammit!

Another time, several months ago, I was working in a strip mall across the way from a salon. I went inside and asked if any stylists there were experienced with curly hair. One was, they told me, but he was out for the day. After explaining to them that I was going natural for hair health and because I'm growing it out, and that it was time to get the ends trimmed, they suggested straightening my hair for the trim. That made me decide on the spot never to do business with them.
3C, almost shoulder length (when stretched). Low Porosity, Protein Sensitive.
Low Poo: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Shampoo: Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo
RO: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-Wash
LI: Proclaim Olive Glossing Condish
Oils: JBCO, EVOO, Grapeseed Oil
Styling: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher
DC: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm