This is how I plop - like tying on a bandana!

I can in fact overnight plop - the key I've found is I just put LI, sealer, then some gel - not a super hard hold gel, either, just a med hold. When I get up its still fairly wet. I spritz it with water to get some more moisture into, (sometimes I add a couple drops of oil), then scrunch with the plop towel, then some gel (usually spray gel), then more scrunching.

Then I may hit it with the diffuser, but usually I just air dry. I do this on days when i have to get up early, and am not overly concerned what my hair looks like, tho several times it comes out just fine.

As far as my usual plopping procedure - I start with very wet hair, add LI, oil, then stylers. Then I scrunch out the excess moisture with a MF towel, then plop for however long (could be long enough to dress and do make-up, could be an hour or so - just depends on the day).

I take the plop down, scrunch my hair with the plop towel, then diffuse 50-75% dry, and clip the roots during that. Clips stay in usually until I'm ready to SOTC, but not always.

So that sums it up! . HTH someone!!

ETA: sometimes I add a little more gel after the MF scrunching (right before plopping) or after the plop comes down (just before diffusing - spray gel is great for that.)
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing