dont you just HATE that GIRL!!!!
I hate her in the most envious sort of way...because I want to scalp her, and steal her hair...ok, thats gross. What I mean is...I LOVE her hair and I cant stand that my hair doesnt look like it! LOL!
Originally Posted by Houseofcurls
Lol!! That is EXACTLY how I felt the first time I watched one of her videos - haha!

I have a comb/brush that looks a lot like the one she uses in that video - it's a teasing brush that looks like this:
What comb or brush is best for fine hair?-teasing-brush.jpg
I don't know if the bristles in the brush I have are made of the same material as the CHS brush (mine has natural boar bristles). I've never used it for detangling before, so I may have to try this. As far as the more separate curls vs. clumping, I think this is created by the way she rakes the product into her hair, and then twirls small sections. You could probably detangle with any kind of brush/comb (wide tooth comb, denman brush, etc.) and get similar results if you apply the product the same way. The denman brush is great at creating clumps, but I think if you separate your hair into sections and rake the product through afterwards, you're going to break up any clumps that may have formed. But it would be interesting to see if using that specific type of brush created more lift at the roots. I've never tried using those roller jaw clips, but I suspect those (combined with the way she diffuses her hair upside down) are responsible for the majority of the volume she gets.

I wish she would give us more info on her hair properties and what else she does to her hair before styling (does she use a leave in, or just CK on clean, damp hair?). Ahhh, the curly envy continues...
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011

Last edited by jsuzkelley; 03-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.