Curls have been treasured in history. Not today. If so, Nicole Kidman and Taylor Swift would not be constantly straightening their curls. Even recently Taylor said she "loved" her curls...but what has happened since she got really famous? Straight straight straight. Likely from pressure from her stylists. Men do tend to love long hair & hair they can touch. Straight hair is everywhere and very few of us on NC.com have never straightened - whether we did it because that was considered beautiful or out of a lack of knowledge and products that allowed us to properly care for it. Only recently has curly hair become acceptable and encouraged again, but judging from the amount of advertisements for curly hair products that feature straight hair "curled" with a curling iron into perfect glossy frizz free unattainable curls, natural hair is still a long way from being mainstream.

Men are constantly exposed to these advertisements & also to girls who have flat ironed their hair into submission. Curlies like us are still in the minority. So for a man to be exposed to truly natural hair, it's pretty uncommon and I can imagine it's a natural reaction, at least until they get used to it on you, to be like wtf is that? Now, if a man continues to belittle your hair when he knows you love it, then he is a d-bag.
fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel