View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
kathymack

Quote:
Originally Posted by misbehave View Post
T
Yes To Carrots Conditioner, Pampering, for Normal to Dry Hair - I know jojoba oil has protein though
Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance

Aubrey Organics Primrose Tangle Go Lusterizing Spray
Witch hazel (natural herbal extract), deionized water, mucopolysaccharides, organic lavender oil, lanolin, vegetable glycerin, organic evening primrose oil and panthenol (vitamin B-5).

L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel
Aqua/Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil/Orange Peel Oil

This is exhausting!!! Thank you again!

:
There are ingredients that you want to stay away from in those products because they are drying--the salts and the witch hazel. They might increase the tangles.

While low porosity hair can be healthy, not all healthy hair is low porosity. It's possible to have healthy hair of any porosity. I would think the stylist would comment on hair that long being healthy. When I was young, college age, I had waist length hair that was so dense, I couldn't put it in a single braid. It was just too thick (and my hair is fine.) It still didn't tangle. I've lost the density through age, thyroid and a medication I take.

You hair might not like protein because it's coarse. NC.com is the only place I've seen that low porosity hair might not like protein. Since your hair is so dry, that might contribute to the issues with protein.

You may want to consider buying bulk bases from companies like Essential Wholesale and Ingredients to Die For--you'll have to read the ingredients carefully because they do contain the proteins. The quality is significantly better then you'll find with drugstore and salon products. They don't use all of the chemicals. EW does use some witch hazel, but I don't remember if it's in the hair and/or skin products. I won't use it on either.

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote