View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
jsuzkelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseofcurls View Post
After that I add sm smoothie and plop. After the plop I add curls gel-es-c (CG friendly at target), then I add KCCC and diffuse.

My hair is awesome and better than ever, I've been CG for 4 months.
Hey Houseofcurls! Do you find that adding the KCCC after you plop rather than before plopping gives you better results? I've just started using sm smoothie followed by KCCC and afterwards plopping, but my ends sometimes lost their hold- probably because the gel gets absorbed into the t-shirt. I think I might try plopping before adding the KCCC if it seems to work well for you!
I know you didn't ask this of me, but I thought I'd offer my two cents

I have also started scrunching in some additional KCCC after I plop. I got the idea from smasters technique where she adds more KCCC to damp hair part way through diffusing. I don't diffuse very often, but I figured the same principle would apply even when air drying. I've found that this helps keep my ends from drying out/frizzing/losing definition and gives me a little more hold and shine. Love it.

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011
jsuzkelley is offline   Reply With Quote