If she gets the sticky feel in her hair in addition to dryness it could be that her has low porosity ( do you know her hair properties?) , my daughter has the same kind of hair.
The best way for her is to do DT with heat so the conditioner can penetrate , I don't have a heat cap so we use a shower cap and over it a moist towel that I heat in the microwave and wrap it around her head for 1h. Tresemme works well and the GVP conditioner from Sallys . If her hair like curlkeeer for frizz control you can get the same effect with personal lubricant ( like KY jelly or store brand lube from CVS /Walmart ) but much cheaper, her hair did not like the polyquats in CK but the lube works well.
We keep products to a minimum to prevent the sticky hair, right now Shea moisture curling souffle works really well encouraging her curls, no leave in and maybe a little la looks over the Shea moisture.
V05 conditioner and Suave naturals ( not the coconut )work well for co wash and as a light leave in
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,