Hi! I used to wear relaxers and over time, my hair was damaged. Last Spring, I decided to go natural. When I first saw newgrowth, which was about a 1/2 inch long, I started wearing stylish wigs. As my hair was growing underneath, I began to wonder if I should go ahead and chop off the rest of the relaxed part, which was only 2 1/2 inches long. I did chop the rest off. As of February of this year (2013), I took off the wig and started wearing my natural hair out.My hair has grown out, but only about 2 inches long in the top and the back, but on the sides, just about 1 inch long. I took the test on this site to see what my hair type is. I've noticed that I have two different types. In the top of the crown, going down to the back of my head, I'm a 4B. On the sides, adjacent to where my eyebrows down to the nearest in area close to my ears, I'm more likely a 4C? In other words, my hair is kinkier here than it is at the crown going toward the back of my head. I feel that this website would be good to learn more about the best products to use on my hair.