So far I have tried the moisture milk and it smells the same and applies the same. The differences that I noticed is that my hair dried soft and didn't shrink up like the previous version so I'm really liking that .

Here are the ingredients for the algae deep conditioner:

Target version: deionized water, aloe vera juice, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, dipropylene glycol (Btms), theobroma cacao (Cocoa) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, cannabis saliva (hemp) seed oil, panthenol, manuka honey, vegetable glycerin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, simmondsia chinensia (jojoba) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) fruit oil, bitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primose) oil, phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, blue green algae, dimethyl sulfone (msm), biotin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, scent and love.

My old version: distilled water, blue green algae, honey, aloe vera juice, coconut oil, mango seed butter, shea butter, hemp, grapeseed, glycerin, green tea, panthenol, rose hip, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, peppermint oil, msm, biotin, vitamin e and love.

I thought the list looked long at first but it's actually just the full name of the ingredients listed now. She also added some things to the formulation and moved others around. The ingredients aren't bad so I'm hopeful it will still work for me. I also don't see any preservative besides Vitamin E. HTH!
Originally Posted by mimismom
phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol is the preservative. I knew that she wasn't listing all of the ingredients on the jars. You have to use ingredients to bind and emulsify the water, oil and butters together and those ingredients were missing from the homemade label.