I've been on this site for a long time and I feel like it's helped me pin down a routine for my 2b/2c hair. Like, there's so much good advice here on the forums. Being wavy is the best! When I first got here, I really wanted curly hair. But, now I like my own wave pattern pretty well. Last week I dyed it from a really light brown to dark brown. The first picture is from a year ago, the last two are from this week. All of them were from after going sulfate free.

I think what worked for me as far a figuring out a routine was being pretty strictly CG for two or so years, then slowly relaxing on the areas that weren't that important to getting a good result. Like, at this point I've introduced low poos, I scrunch with a terry cloth towel sometimes, I use a silicone product regularly (gasp!), and I occasionally heat style. But for at least the first year I was as CG as can be, and it worked pretty well that way too. I just like trying different methods.
Attached Images

Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
Lowpoo:
Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
Rinse Out:
Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
LI: Yes to Carrots
Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse

Last edited by rainboe; 03-16-2013 at 06:17 AM.