I'm still trying to define my hair properties and there are some things that confuse me.

Right now, I believe that my properties are high density, coarse, low porosity. The latter I thought to be high in the beginning when I did the slip 'n slide test. I clearly felt bumps and this was true for many different strands on many different place. However, when I did the float test, my hair kept floating and floating and floating, which made me believe I'm low porosity. Additionally, my hair takes some time to get thoroughly wet and when I refresh in the morning with a spray bottle, huge drops are on my hair like beads.

When it comes to the products I've been using since going CG, I'm experiencing different things. It seems that the CJ Argan & Olive Oil is quite to heavy to use as a co-wash on my healthy hair and weighs it down. This is not true when I use a shampoo (I discovered this after a build-up disaster and cleansed with a sulphate shampoo as no other was around). The weighing down when co-washing makes me believe I'm overconditioning.

What doesn't make sense to me is that my hair weighs down as this conditioner has plenty of emollients, which low porosity hair is supposed to like. Low porosity is supposed to dislike protein-rich products. Curl Junkie Curl Queen is a protein bomb, but I'm not sure whether I get the straw-like hair I should get if I truly got low porous hair. I still have a producty look after just applying it, but in the evening, my curls are relatively soft.

I determined that my hair is coarse because I always see it and it just feels very coarse. I certainly have moments when my hair actually has a silky feel, but often the coarseness takes over. I'm just wondering whether this coarseness is a hint for my hair being coarse or whether it is the straw-like hair I'm supposed to have when using protein if I get my porosity property right.

The only properties I'm confident about is elasticity (normal) and density (high). Based on my observations, has anyone any thoughts? I'm about to order some new CJ products and I really want to try Coffee CoCo Curl Creme, but only if I think it matches what my hair needs. I will only know if I learn more about why my hair behaves the way it does.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number