I think I probably would like FSG, but i haven't used it much. My first attempt at making FSG came out pretty good - I also split the batch in half and added conditioner to make a cream gel. After that, haven't been able to make a consistent batch - either comes out too runny or too thick. I liked the results I got the first time, but I haven't felt like spending the time trying to figure out how to repeat my results. I also worry about bacteria, etc. I ordered some preservative to add to it, but haven't used it yet because i don't have the kind of scale to properly measure the amounts i need. So, I like FSG (I think) but I don't like having to make it. It's easier for me to use something already made. I have considered ordering some from someone who makes it (like Botticelli botanicals or one of those other etsy shops) but haven't gotten around to it.
2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate

My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!

CG since 12/29/2011