Hi, I'm a 17 year old girl from Canada and I'm new here. I would say i have type 2B hair. For the past year, I hid my hair in a messy bun because I didn't have the knowledge or time to manage my hair and make it look decent. However, it's Spring Break, it's starting to get a bit hotter and it's my senior year, so I decided it was time for change. I did a bit of research on managing curly hair and I just put all my new techniques to work last night (Co washing, scrunching, plopping) , and I loved the way my hair turned out! It looks so healthy and the waves/curls look so defined! I'm actually in love with my hair for the first time in my life, but my parent are so against it. Everyone in my family has straight hair, and they think the reason my hair isn't straight like theirs is because "I don't comb it enough." I even let my mom comb my hair a few months ago just to prove her wrong, and it obviously turned into a huge frizzy mess. She thinks that I have to keep combing my hair every single day before it turns straight.

Anyways, today I was in my room with my new curly hair and my dad walks in and told me that we were going out soon, so I should fix my hair. When I asked him what he meant, he said that I should comb all the "tangles" out of my hair so they don't look like I have "dreadlocks." When I refused to comb my hair my mom came in with a comb and offers to comb it for me. I told her no, and I explained to her that combing curly hair makes it frizzy. She said "at least it would look better than it does right now" and nearly pinned me down on my bed and started combing my hair. I pushed her off of me and I was nearly in tears. I don't know what to do anymore. No matter how much I try to it explain to them, they never listen to me. They don't let me leave the house with my hair curly cause they think I look like a mess, but I don't want to be voted "most likely to wear a bun for the rest of her life" in my school yearbook either. Sorry this post is so long, and thank you if you read the entire thing... I need some advice. help pleaaaaaaaase?