The last time (last week) I made FSG, I used a new technique I read about somewhere on this site and it came out so good! Not thin, but thick. When finished, it made about 1-1.5 c of gel.

Here is what I did:

• Placed 1/4 c of flaxseeds in a knee-high panty hose and knotted the top closed.
  • Placed it in a pot containing 2 c of water.
  • Bring it to a boil and then turn it down to lo-medium and let it simmer for 10-11 minutes.
  • I would occasionally (using tongs) flip the hose around in the pan and squish it up against the side of the pan.
  • The cool thing about this method is that you can get it thicker than if you needed to strain the seeds afterwards. The water does boil down by about 1/2.
  • While the gel is still hot, I whisk in my essential oils, epsom salt, and my slurry of arrowroot (thickener- I put about 2 tsp to 1 tbsp of arrowroot with about two tbsp water and mixed until dissolved), and preservative.
  • The gel turns whitish and cloudy right after the arrowroot is added, but continue to stir over low heat (not letting it boil again) and let the arrowroot cook a bit. The gel will slowly turn clear again.
JulesOnline

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green
Lo-Poo:Giovanni SAS sulfate free poo, L'Oreal Evercream CC
Co-wash: TNRV, VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TNNM
RO/LI:
YTC, Nexxus Hydra-light w/ CNPF GVPCB, Biolage CB, TNNM, Giovanni SAS
Styler: KCCC FSG, BRHG, LALSG