Last week I re-started CG after about two years off. I experiemented with a few products and techniques, and had hit-or-miss results. Then I had two great ideas that I tried today:

1) I love Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner for actually co-washing, because it cleans my scalp and isn't too heavy. But it wasn't quite moisturizing enough. I tried Suave Naturals Coconut and it made my hair over-moisturized and fluffy. Soo...

Today I used NG to co-wash, then Suave as a RO on just the bottom 2/3 of my hair. Successful mositure without fluff!

2) I liked the ringlets I got from the Pixiecurl method, but since I got an awful haircut I have top layers that form super-tight ringlets, while my lower layers sit in lazy waves. Pixiecurl drying made the top just that much curlier and shorter than the bottom. Soo...

Duh, me, I only Pixiecurl dried the bottom! Then I put the diffuser *gently* against my top layers and just dried them head-on, to keep them from becoming crazy ringlets. My hair has a much more even curl today!

Saturday is my "curly cut" appointment, so I'm hoping the layers will get fixed them.

The rest of what I did:

Co-washed, conditioned, combed it through, and rinsed upside-down. Did my shower headbanging (gives me better clumps) then got out and applied two pumps of Peter Lamas Volumize Me mousse, all through hair by gently squeezing/threading between curls. Raking ruins my curls. Got my hands a bit slick with KCCC (a new fave, an itty bitty bit goes a looong way for me) and squeezed that all through, cupping clumps toward my scalp.

I didn't plop today because it seems to flatten and kink the top of my fine hair. Instead I did a super-loose turban to just let my hair sit up inside of it, without gravity pulling it down. This made it a lot easier to style.

When I let my hair down about an hour later, I did a little more KCCC over all the curls, again gently squeezing them up. Did my new drying method until it was mostly dry. Then... MORE KCCC, , again just a fingertip dab rubbed between my palms, smoothed throughout.

Much better today! Still need a cut though, those lower layers are so wonky. Apologies for the red bathroom/less-than-awesome pictures; I'm learing it's hard to photograph your own hair! I'm also getting used to how "soft" my hair is. It lies a little flatter than when it is frizzy, obviously, but has better root curl than it use to so it isn't flat. It's just a matter of adjusting to how it feels on my head, I guess... and not constantly playing with it because it feels nice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-19_07-10-10_133.jpg (96.8 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-03-19_07-10-47_609.jpg (96.2 KB, 213 views)
I sort of blog
I'm mostly away doing field work through mid-May.

Hair: curlybob, fine, dense, low-po, big waves/ringlets (2C/3A)
Co-Wash: Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
RO: YTC Carrot, Aubrey Organics GPB
LI: BS Shea Soft Styling Cream (HG)
Styling: KCCC, Garnier P&C Gel
1xWeek: low-poo, gelatin PT or Joico K-Pak
Hair Likes: aloe, coconut oil, humidity, protein, long walks on the beach