Hi! I'm a 3a/3b (used to be just 3a but now that my hair has gotten longer I'm starting to get Marie Antoinette-style ringlets at the bottom, not too sure I love it lol) and I have pretty fine hair with a low/medium porosity (like protein, hate glycerin).

So I can recommend a few things for you -

The VO5 products don't do enough for me, but I LOVE, LOVE Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily. It's my HG product, my hair loves the aloe. I use it for my co-wash and my leave-in.

For my RO I use Sleek and Shine by Garnier. It gives me a lot of slip and it's not too heavy, and it's also cheap. I switch up my ROs (I lived in the UK for a few months and I found a conditioner for RO there that I LOVED but can't get here ) but Sleek and Shine generally does a lot for me.

KCCC - they've started selling it at the Target near me, so maybe you can find it easily! It's a little pricey but a great product that lasts a really long time (I've been working on a jar for probably over a year now). Just a nickel sized amount on top of a good leave in does a lot for me.

AG:Recoil is also great, my hair really likes it, but it's hard to find in stores and pretty expensive.

Honestly, though, apart from the Suave Aloe and Waterlily my only other HG product is BRHG. It's amazing, I get so much hold and great second-day out of it, and my hair really likes it. Scrunching out the crunch is easy, too! You can find it in any drug store, and just a pea-sized amount does it for me - it lasts a long time and is well, well worth the money.

Hope some of these help - finding new products can be an expensive nightmare (I'm shopping around these days myself) so good luck!!

Hair type: Fine, fairly porous, shoulder length when curly. Probably a 3a or 3b with tight ringlets now that it's getting longer. Hair loves aloe, hates glycerin.

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily (my HG conditioner!)
Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek and Shine, Trevor Sorbie curl conditioner (UK only, unfortunately)
Stylers: KCCC, AG Re:coil, TIGI mousse, but open to suggestions!
Gels: BRHG (my one and only)

CG since 03/28/09

Last edited by sexyspirals; 03-20-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot one