I don't think it's cheating. I think of it as "Hey, my hair can do this without a curling iron." Cheating for me would be using a flat iron and trying to pass myself off as straight. Besides don't some of the 3s and plenty of the 4s have a variation of the same problem? A lot of curlies need product to define and control the curl, otherwise it gets poofy and less defined. I know I have a wavy 'fro without product. Well, at least I used to before I went CG. Now I do the naked hair test (not completely naked since I use a little leave in, just not gel) and I can still retain some curls but I highly doubt that if I took my gel free hair out for a spin outdoors that it would retain its shape for very long. It would probably frizz. But that's cool. I'm just thankful there are so many great products out there. I still dream of the day I can do conditioner only styling though. . .
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG