View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
chloe92us

I will gladly take any destash, lol!

No, seriously, though....I think what you've done HAS helped you find a few good products that work for you.

Since you were happy with your hair when using the Suave mousse product, (however that particular one has cones), maybe try some other mousses? I LOVE mousse, but have been experimenting with all sorts of jellies and gels. Always go back to the mousse. There is a recent thread about them in the general discussion area. I like the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse best- but it does dry crunchy if you use too much. The Condition 321 (or 123, lol) has less hold (for me) but no crunch.

It depends what you're looking for. I prefer definition AND volume, and mousse does that for me. How differnt things work on MY hair: Curl creams give definition, but no volume. Gels give definition but too much crunch (I hate crunch!). Jellies- I'm still just not sure about them- they seem to give good clumping, but then they just fall throughout the day. Still experimenting with them.

I just ordered some "Mudd" from etsy, Botticelli Botanicals (one of the members here ). It's an all natural product made from ochra of all things. Lots of people here swear by home-made flax seed gel, and this supposedly works like it, but better. We shall see!

I am in the constant search for products that give great hold, BUT not too much crunch!

Good luck!
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote