What are your favorite types of protective styles? I like to do braids, twists (sometimes) and a bun. At night, I pull my hair into a ponytail and put it in a satin bonnet. At times I'll do that during the day as well.

How do you do it , like the process ? For all three I start with a Co wash if I don't shampoo. I leave it in for a bit then rinse it out and add my leave in. Finally I seal with oil. I use a wide toothed comb to detangle both in the shower (before rinsing out my conditioner) and when I get out of.my shower (before the oil). For my twists and braids I section my hair into four parts and tie them up. I then start braiding or twisting each part, starting with left front, left back, right front, right back. I let them air dry. With my bun I wash my hair using the process I described, then put my hair in a ponytail. I take a clip and twist my hair around the tie and clip it in place, making sure I'm not tugging too much on the roots. I let it air dry. Sometimes I leave my bangs out (they frame my face, not go straight across) for a softer look but sometimes I put them back too. I try not to do braids too often cuz I'm growing my hair out and I don't want to be too hard on my hair.

What products do you use ? I'm experimenting. I went CG two weeks ago and use Curl Care by Dr Miracle Rehydrating Shampoo once a week (sulfate free), VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry for my rinse out conditioner, Tresemme Naturals for my leave in, and I am experimenting with different oils. I use almond oil and EVOO.

How do you moisturize when your hair is still in the style? I made a spritzer mix of conditioner and water that I spritz on my hair. When I find an oil I like I'll add a bit of that to the spritzer. I usually spray it directly on my hair but I also spray some onto my hands, rub them together and apply it directly to my ends since my ends have always been a bit dry (especially in the back in one spot). I may start putting oil on my hair before putting it in a bonnet for bed so that it stays moisturized while I'm asleep.
3C, almost shoulder length (when stretched). Low Porosity, Protein Sensitive.
Low Poo: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Shampoo: Proclaim Olive Glossing Shampoo
RO: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Cleansing Co-Wash
LI: Proclaim Olive Glossing Condish
Oils: JBCO, EVOO, Grapeseed Oil
Styling: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher
DC: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm

Last edited by RobotQT1; 04-22-2013 at 03:38 PM.