I haven't read the entire thread, but a good 5 or 6 pages. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I made mine in the microwave. I was unsure about cooking it (it sounds a little complicated for a newbie) and my sister said I could just let it sit over night and the water will turn to gel. I planned on trying that, but then I read someone said to put it in the microwave for 3 minutes, taking it out every minute and stirring. Then, after 3 minutes whisk it like crazy. Did that and it turned out great.

Here comes the fun part, I didn't have a strainer. Yeaahhh. So first I tried a sock. Didn't work. Then I was tempted to use a coffee filter. Tried some paper towel. Duuuhh didn't work. Finally I took some saran wrap, poked tiny holes in it with a needle and squeezes through some gel. It didn't take long for the holes to rip and the seeds to gush through. Anyways, this worked for me it was a very small batch for a trial try and it worked pretty well! I'm happy

My question is... do we have any party-goers here? I was wondering how well this gel holds for a night of sweaty dancing and head-banging?... I'm serious. I plan to go out tomorrow with this gel in my hair, and I would hate for it to turn into a crazy frizz ball. Anyone?
2b/c, fine, low-med porosity
Co-Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Conditioner
Leave-In: Yes To Carrots Leave-in Conditioner
Styler: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse, FSG, GF Pure Clean Gel