Korkscrew: I dont even know how to describe my issue. My hair was limp today. I made the mistake og getting a new gel yesterday at CVS (that LA Looks one with Avocado. BIG mistake, I am taking it back for a refund). And I used Deva foam over it. This winter I got good results - relatively speaking - from a SM shampoo, GVP conditioner, Biotera Gel and Deva Foam. But then my hair just started looking like it was "slumping". Last week I shampooed with Yes to Cucumbers (coco betaine) and my hair sprang to life. I did the same thing the next day and my hair sucked. I dont know if it need protein, that is one problem. Another is whether or not it will tolerate glycerin, or those emollients to which you refer. You'd think I would have this down after all this time, but I dont feel I have a clue and part of it is that I use both mousse and gel. It may be that I need a haircut - it has not been cut in months and months, except for a snip here and there. Last time I was at the salon - 4 weeks ago for my roots - my stylist commented that the condition of my hair seemed really good. That was with the routine I just described. But, that is a winter routine and the weather is changing...oh I am so messed up with all this....