Kathy: I have heard you speak out against polyquats enough so that I have consulted the wording in my product stash, and almost everything has polyquats! My Biotera Gel does not nor does it has glycerin - which I suspect is a no no for my hair. All the mousses have polyquats - and the one that seems to work best, Deva, has polyquaternium 60, which means what? but that is the highest number I have ever seen. That mousse works best with the Biotera gel. I have yet to find a go-to conditioner, which would also match what you said a bout coarse low porousity hair..which is also supposed to avoid protein...I think you can see why it is miracle that I have hair left, that it has not fallen out from all this hair anxiety (a new psychiatric diagnosis which I have just now invented); or, that I have not pulled it all out, and there IS a legitimate diagnosis term for that - anyhow, I would be glad to have your thoughts.
Originally Posted by Myrna
You may find post #37 in this thread of interest Tangled mess! Please help!

Here's an old article by Curl Chemist on polyquats All About Another Hard-to-Pronounce Compound The fact that they use the term "film forming" about 4 and 10 tells me why I have issues. Curl Chemist has responded to me in some threads that they don't build up. However, I know that I have issues with them, so avoid them.

I really can't tell you about polyquaternium 60. I did a google search on both nc.com and the rest of the internet--didn't really see anything.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams