View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
anonymous_133347

Gelatin treatment:

Pedaheh's Hair Blog: Science-y Hair Blog Recipes

The minimum amount of time you can leave it in is 3 minutes so I did that because I'm a scaredy cat.

Another coarse-haired user told me to keep things simple anytime she feels like she needs protein she just slathers her hair with mayonnaise for maybe 30 minutes before she gets in the shower. The mayonnaise gets absorbed and adds some perk to her curls. I tried it and it didn't dry my hair out at all. Worked for me.

Also you could try some mayonnaise, eggs and maybe some coconut or olive oil to help the protein penetrate the hair shaft. Mix that up and put it in your hair. Leave it for maybe 30 min-1 hour before you shower.

Yeah, it might've been your hair just OD'd on that particular conditioner and that particular protein. Don't worry though. You're bound to find one or two your hair likes.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote