I was watching PBS Newshour with the captions turned on as I occasionally do. Rather quickly, I was distracted from the details of David Brooks' analysis of something or other by the captions. There was something about them that transfixed me. Maybe it was the rhythm of the words?
No, I thought. I'd have to give that credit to David Brooks. But in no other situation have I found anything David Brooks had to say so interesting and beautiful. So what could it be?
Then suddenly I knew. This was the work of a wonderful woman! I had to find her, talk to her...something! But how? There was no face or voice to search for, and certainly no names. What could I do? I was becoming depressed at my lack of options. Then I noticed something: while most of the words were in all capital letters, some of them were appearing in lowercase.
"attention"
"time"
"suck"
"curved"
"hair"
"website"
What? Time suck? Curved hair? Wtf is curved hair? I switched the television off angrily and got on the internet. After an hour of watching goat videos, I got the idea to try searching for the words on Google. One by one, I searched the terms, yielding nothing fantastic. In a final act of desperation, I typed all of the words into the search box and clicked "I'm feeling lucky". Where I found myself was a strange land of beautiful hair and acronyms. "Naturally Curly". Hmm. After making an account, I discovered the private message feature. I typed a single question, "Why am I here?", and sent it to every poster active at that time. Only one of you answered, friends:
"Hi, I'm Springcurl. Welcome home".
Big chop: 5/30/10
CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
Cleanser: Bentonite clay