View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #34
lcl0706

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusalocks View Post
Word, Ondulee. That's some straight up truth right there.

I envy the woman who doesn't have to do anything to manipulate or cajole her hair's pattern, be it straight or curly. I have yet to encounter such a creature.
My best friend has such pin-straight hair she literally can wash it and go, and it's long. It will dry perfectly straight. While I think straight hair day in and day out would be boring for me, I am endlessly jealous of how easy her hair is to do.

My hair is wavy when wet or productless, and my front layers will dry almost straight if I don't do anything to them. I would be perfectly happy styling it wavy, but as soon as I scrunch it at all, it goes curly. I feel like an oddity, because my productless pattern is vastly different than my styled pattern, but I don't have to manipulate it or use a ton of products to "force" it curly. My hair seems to be all or nothing - if I try to style it/let it dry as a wavy, it ends up frizzy and stringy. If I scrunch it, it spirals up and I get shrinkage and believe it or not it's frustrating because I'm trying to grow my hair out, and I'd like to wear it wavy sometime because it's longer that way.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
Poo: Giovanni 50:50
RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
LI: KCKT
PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
Gels: SCC spray gel

lcl0706 is offline   Reply With Quote