If your hair is fine/porous, in all likelihood protein is the answer.

My fine/low porosity hair never met a protein it didn't like. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein.

Around here, Deva is a love/hate line. Many of us start with it, think we like it and then move on to things we like a lot better. My salon carries Deva, I used to let them use the NoPoo on my hair until they changed the ingredients several years ago. After that, I found it drying. The LowPoo has both polyquats 7 and 10, the Angel has 7. I have problems with polyquats, especially 4, 7 and 10. I find that they coat my hair. Give me frizz when wet and require a surfactant stronger then coco b to remove them.

Sounds like your hair could use both moisture and protein. My initial advice would be to wash your hair with a stronger shampoo (read ingredients carefully to make sure that there are no polyquats), do a PT and follow up with a DT. Again, read your ingredients carefully.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC