View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
jp_squared

I guess I'll revive this thread...

I'm having similar issues. The first time I tried the gelatin PT (about 20 min) my hair got super soft and relaxed into 2A, maybe even less wavy than that, from the 2C that it normally is.

Since my daily LI has quite a bit of protein in it (and has been making some of my hair into beautiful ringlets) I was expecting to see something magical with a PT and that did not happen.

Someone else suggested I left it on too long. So this time around, instead of gelatin, I used Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and left it on for only 3 min (package instructions). Then I used Biolage Conditioning Balm as my DT, and left it on for 1/2 an hour...

Same thing! My hair was crazy soft and flyaway. When I put gel in it it got really sticky/crunchy/strawlike (while still wet) and I knew something had gone wrong again. It's dry now, and in a messy bun. I'm thinking an overnight DT is warranted.

I think I'll try ONE MORE TIME, this time I'll remove PT from my daily products and then just try the PT once a week with an overnight DT. If that doesn't work I'll abandon the whole PT fiasco...so sad!

Hair Type: 2C/3A
Porosity: High (??)
Density: Medium
Width: Mixed

Trying something new:
Low-Poo: Giovanni 50:50
CO: Suave Naturals Strawberry Conditioner
RO: TN Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner
LI: President's Choice Hydrating Conditioner (protein-rich); Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling: HETT Curl Gel; AVG; Biotera firm-hold styling gel
jp_squared is offline   Reply With Quote