Thanks for the help ladies. Bellacoco, your hair looks very healthy for someone who diffuses so often. I think I'll try smoothing some extra oil on my ends to protect them. Also I'm going to try 30 seconds per section.

flippacious, which blowdryer do you have and how cool is it? It would be awesome if my blowdryer had a no heat option. Right now it's just "cool" and "warm" I think. So I kept it on cool. It wasn't singing my scalp or my ear, but it was warm right away. Made me a little worried about leaving it there for any length of time. When oh when will they invent a blow dryer that actually does blow out cool and only cool air? Well, my hair has the tendency to get dry on me already even with my babying it so I'll keep on the lookout. I add extra leave in every morning anyways to protect it. I think I'll know for sure when my hair gets wet whether or not it's taken a beating.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
I have the Solia 1875W dryer. It's decent. I am happy with it, but I don't find it amazing or anything and would consider trying I different blow dryer once it dies. It has three heat settings (off, warm, hot) and technically three airflow settings (off, low, high). So if you just turn on the airflow to low, and leave the heat settings to off, it blows out cold, unheated air. I love that feature.

I don't find the warm setting to be too warm. It definitely feels warm to the touch, but it takes a while for me to feel the warmth all the way up to my scalp (generally until my roots are drying). My hair takes forever to dry, though, and tends to hold onto water for a while. So, this could partially be due to porosity and density rather than my dryer in particular.
2b/c, high density
fine, medium porosity, normal elasticity
loves protein, hates polyquats
still searching for HGs