I'd say based on it doing well after that first shampoo and all the things you're using that you probably are at least somewhat over conditioned.

I'm not very coarse anymore, but I am low porosity, and I can't use much leave-in at all and can't use CK at all. It's not actually greasy with it, but it looks it, and it weighs it down, regardless of the amount used - especially without gel. I just don't like the stuff, personally.

And, BTW, my hair hates Biotera gel and curl cream, but it likes LALSG, the Giovanni one in my siggie, or BRHG. It, too, hated that LA Looks curly hair one with the avocodo oil that you took back.

I have to use some gel no matter what else I do, or it's usually going to eventually wilt. The only exception to that is that sometimes KCCC is itself enough, but I don't use a great deal or it weighs me down and looks dirty. I nearly always use a touch of it part way thru diffusing a la the Smastering method, no matter what other product(s) I first use.

I do always apply product to soaking wet hair. My hair does much worse if I don't. And though it seems counterintuitive, I then Super Soak (with a spray bottle, not at the sink) then the Smasters method, though not necessarily with her same products, except KCCC.

Maybe something here will help. The products/methods in my siggie are as close to HG's as I've ever gotten.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett