I'm not coarse or low porous, but here's my thoughts in mousse.

I had some success with it in my pre-CG days. Specifically with matrix Curl.life foam.

My thought process back then was that if I got as much moisture out of my hair as possible (literally wrung it out with a bath towel), I could scrunch the curl back in, and using a foam would be lighter and not weigh it down.

Towards the end I was realizing I got better hold with a glaze, while still being light.

I think now with my new found hair knowledge I realize that I NEED that wetness to form the curls, and I NEED the oils and a gel to hold in moisture, etc. I think my hair finds some mousses to be a little drying, and it just needs MORE. My hair is a sponge, and it takes SO much mousse to make a difference. (Especially since it's obviously mixed with air!)

So in MY mind it would seem like mouse would work BETTER for a coarse curlie, simply bc it's not going to suck up all the product.

But others with personal experience are going to have weigh in and help you more!
Originally Posted by Jas76
Not everyone with fine hair is porous...
Mousse is just very light, so if you want your styler to manipulate your hair much, I think it would be harder to do with coarse hair. You'd have more success with conditioner only styling...IMO.

Last edited by Jessiebanana; 03-25-2013 at 11:01 AM.