View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #72181
CurlyCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne View Post
well, i didn't buy a thing and the shelves are still pretty sparsely stocked, but i have to say that the Threshold line of home goods and the Nate Berkus stuff certainly won me over.

and, finally, Sonia Kashuk in Canada!!!

the store that used to be there had shelves almost up to the ceiling, so it's weird to be in there and have it so open. and i think it's safe to say that the biggest hit with the kids are the cart lanes on the escalators!

i was disappointed with the lack of selection in shoes and handbags and there were no plus sizes in the clothes, and the food selection wasn't all that different than a regular grocery store here, but the prices were pretty darn good!

I have yet to check it out (one opened about 2 minutes from work last week), but you're the first person I have heard sound the least pit impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Speaking of frosting... I bought some funky cup cake liners at Michaels and I want to use them. I need to devise an Easter cup cake plan. One of my nephews and my great nephew in law will be over, and I want to make something they will enjoy.
Years ago, I toasted coconut and rolled the iced cupcakes in it, then topped with malted eggs...Cadbury minis maybe? They looked like little birds nests and went over really well!

Similar to these...

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn
CurlyCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote