Hi All, is anyone out there in a relationship with someone older than them? How about much older? I'm 35 and my husband is 50. We've been married for 5 years and together for 8. There can be challenges, lol, if you have any, let me know, k? Little things you hear like, "I was at the concert before you were born!", make me cringe, lol!
I get depressed sometimes when I think about what other women my age are doing right now, like having kids or social lives, when we don't do anything for fun and watch a lot of tv.
I moved away from my family, and he lost both of his parents before we met. He isn't very close to his sisters so we don't even visit or get visitors. He has a couple of nieces my age and they each have kids and lives so I feel like I don't fit in here. I rarely get on fb anymore because seeing everyone live life makes me wonder about the choices I've made.
I told him when we were going out that I didn't want kids but now I think I'm regretting that. I brought up the issue a couple of months ago and he definitely does not want a family. So, that's that. I'm starting to think about how lonely I'm going to be when I'm elderly. I'm lonely already.
I do love him, he makes me laugh constantly and I can't picture him with anyone else, so how do you know what you are supposed to do?