I partially diffuse everytime I wash, which is usually only 2-3 times a week. I always comb my product thru since I always get uneven results when I just use my hands. Then I Supersoak (with a spray bottle), scrunch/blot to get the curls going again then I start diffusing upside down - I don't bother Pixiecurl diffusing. I don't have the patience, I can't tell it helps one bit, plus I think it's hard on the dryer.

I use med high heat for maybe 5 minutes, straighten up and diffuse a bit more, cupping the sides into the bowl, and the back as well as I can - less than 10 minutes start to finish. I stop and scrunch in a little KCCC a la the Smasters method, flip over and do maybe 2-3 more minutes with the heat a notch lower, then stop, clip or clamp the top at least, sometimes all of it with those CHS roller clamps, and then air dry. That little touch of KCCC partway thru reinforces and gets the curls curling more consistently even when it might not have been that curly before - I just dip 3 fingers in lightly, not even to the first joint, lightly rub my hands together, and squeeze it in throughout, especially in the canopy.

I usually leave for work with it still clipped unless I had time to sit under the dryer for a few minutes. If I didn't, I turn the heat and blower up in the car, remove clips about halfway to work and then it's pretty much dry, if not all, by the time I get to work - I have a long commute.

I never completely diffuse even when I have plenty of time. I'm just not patient enough plus I have a bad left shoulder so it's hard to keep at it with just one arm. Not to mention that I don't want to use that much heat on it.

Anyway I have very healthy hair doing all of this, rarely with frizz. Hope something here might help you.

How do those of you who have that Goody dryer like it? Mine is about to croak, I think, and I was looking at it and its reviews on the Target site just the other day. It sounds really good, especially for that price.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett