View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
bosanbo

I thought a "soap bar" was out of the question for my face, but CV makes super-fatted soaps and my friend at Andrea the Chemist gave me a long explanation of how gentle those are.

I got three samples (at $2.70 a pop): Rhassoul Clay/Yogurt, Rose and Clay, and Fig. The Rhassoul cleared up my angry breakouts post-medication when nothing else would. I use all three right now, one per week, still trying to decide which I like best. The fact that I'm trying to choose is a miracle! Normally I find one thing that works and cling to it. I like the rose because it is very gentle. I'm not using their most moisturizing face soaps, just the ones that sounded best for my combo/sensitive skin.

They make a buttery, non-bar cleanser that a lot of customers seem to like. My skin isn't very dry, just sensitive, so the sample made me feel pretty... moist. I like the soaps better. I also use their Sea Salt one on my body, which has cleared up some breakouts, and Aloe, Aloe, Aloe, which is very nice.

I wash my hair about once a week with the Chestnut Henna bar. It hasn't done anything to my color, but I like the texture and body it gives my hair. And again, no scalp breakouts, which is fantastic.

I'm still using my $2.70 sample bars after a month. They last a long time! I also use their squalene eye mousse, after struggling with red bumps and no visible effects from other eye creams. I mix it with aloe gel and put it on my face, as well. I sort of want a giant tub to sit in...

I sound like a giant fangirl, I know, but after 30 years of being sensitive to perfumes, chemicals, and then suddenly being even more sensitive to most body care products, it was a huge relief to find something that was CHEAP and worked. I thought I was going to have to spend big bucks to feel and look better, but I really didn't.

Hair: curlybob, fine, dense, low-po, big waves/ringlets (2C/3A)
Co-Wash: Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
RO: YTC Carrot, Aubrey Organics GPB
LI: BS Shea Soft Styling Cream (HG)
Styling: KCCC, Garnier P&C Gel
1xWeek: low-poo, gelatin PT or Joico K-Pak
Hair Likes: aloe, coconut oil, humidity, protein, long walks on the beach

Last edited by bosanbo; 03-28-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Andrea's URL
bosanbo is offline   Reply With Quote