Au Naturale Hair Challenge
I'm thinking of - literally- abandoning all modern hair products for a chance at old school. Which for me, means,
1) I will NOT use any heat on my hair. At all.
2) I will use no shampoo, conditioner, leave in, gel, etc. etc. on my hair - if it did not exist in ANCIENT GREECE, I will not use it.
3) I will accept that grease (no pun intended) =growth, and will avoid wetting/washing my hair as much as possible. Maybe once every two weeks - hopefully longer.
4) I will only 'wash' with good ol' water.
5) I will put in an oil - whether it be mineral, petroleum, or castor, or jojoba, or grapeseed, as I see fit.
6) I will braid my hair in the shower. Because it's short.
7) I will style my hair has greecian women did, meaning - braided, up in a bun, half up or half down, wrapped in a scarf, but always keeping my ends above my collar, unless I'm having a fair maiden day. Which I can't' do. Because my hair is only six inches long, and fair maiden-ing requires at least 24 or so.
It's not that I don't love products - it's just that women have been growing hair to luxurious lengths for millenia without all the additional hubbabaloo, and I'd like to see how that works out for me.
(Plus I'm a college student, and I'm becoming more and more dead beat broke every time I surf the internet for hair products - I literally just ordered a Coolway flat iron. Now when it arrives, I must send it back.)
Anyone care to join me? This is just my personal list, you can of course, amend and fix to your will, but this is just my idea of Au Naturale hair care; If the Greecian women didn't do it, I won't either.