Just as I suspected... They were not alone.

PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 car safety problem was reported on .PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990, manufactured by DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION had a problem with ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING:INTERIOR/UNDER DASH . WHILE STARTING VEHICLE SMOKE CAME FROM UNDER DASHBOARD, RESULTING IN VEHICLE FIRE. THE CAUSE MAY HAVE BEEN A DEFECTIVE WIRING HARNESS. *AK.Vehicle was on fire. 0 person(s) were injured. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):1P3XA46KLF7. PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 problem was reported in ATHENS, GA. Vehicle was not using ANTI-LOCK BRAKES. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control.

PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 car safety problem was reported on Jan 28, 2000.PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990, manufactured by DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION had a problem with ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE . VEHICLE WAS JUST PARKED. CONSUMER HAPPENED TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND SAW VEHICLE ENGULFED IN HUGE FLAMES. DEALER HAS NOT BEEN CONTACTED. *AK.Vehicle was on fire. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):NOT AVAILAB. PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 problem was reported in HOWELL, NJ. Vehicle was not using ANTI-LOCK BRAKES. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control.

PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 car safety problem was reported on Aug 09, 1999.PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990, manufactured by DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION had a problem with AIR BAGS:FRONTAL . FALSE DEPLOYMENT OF AIR BAG WHILE DRIVING AT 30MPH CAUSED SIDE AIR BAG DEPLOYED BUT DID NOT INFLATE. ALSO, AIR BAG SENSOR LIGHT STAYS ON AND CASUED WIRE HARNESS TO CATCH ON FIRE. *AK.Vehicle was on fire. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):1P3XA46K9LF. PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 problem was reported in DALLAS, TX. Original Owner. Vehicle was purchased on 19900815. Vehicle was using ANTI-LOCK BRAKES.Vehicle was using Cruise Control.PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 drive type:FWD. FUEL SYSTEM:N/A. FUEL TYPE: GAS. PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM 1990 TRANSMISSION TYPE: AUTO. VEHICLE SPEED: 30 mph.

There are many, many more reports of the same nature, along with several additional problems, and I don't think they were never made aware of the recall.

Those cars were the debbil.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??