View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
joseybird

Default Rediscovering old techniques! =)

So, last year about this time I got what was essentially a "Deva haircut" (the lady specializes in curly hair and sold Deva products at her salon, so that's just my guess!) and she gave me two tips that worked for a while with GREAT success: wash with conditioner only (no shampoo) and leave in a LOT of conditioner and styling product.

Her information was, I now know incomplete, however, and these techniques stopped working and I forgot about them after a while.

But now I've stumbled back upon them, and I know how to make them work for me! I co-wash, but only sometimes; I usually low-poo with a SM poo, or use a co-wash product, like from As I Am or L'Oreal. I also know now to not use silicones.

So for the last week, I've been low-pooing/co-washing at night, then leaving in a rich conditioner overnight. In the morning I rinse my hair in cold water til sopping wet, then detangle with a large gob or two of ANY conditioner, then scrunch in ANY gel. I also scrunch in LA Looks Beachy Waves or AG re:coil (my curls love mag sulfate!) and then clip up the hair at my roots and let air-dry for a couple of hours.

My hair routine results have never been so consistent! I've tried with about 5 different conditioners (as leave-ins) and 3 or 4 different hair gels, all to great effect =D

It amazes me how simply leaving in more conditioner has moved me from semi-consistent good results to consistent great results!

Shampoo: SM shampoos

Clarifying Shampoo: KC Come Clean

Co-Wash: L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioners, As I Am Co-Wash

Hair Gel: L.A. Looks Sport, KCCC, SM Curling Souffle

DT Conditioner: SM Raw Shea Masque, SM Raw Shea conditioner + coconut oil, GVPCB

LI Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, KCKT, VO5 shea + SM baby oil

Curl Enhancers: L.A. Looks Beachy Waves, Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray. AG re:coil
joseybird is offline   Reply With Quote