I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about this! My hair has been feeling really gross the past couple days, when it's wet it feels gummy and coated, like there's some goo I can't get out. I just started cowashing a little over a week ago, so I thought I might have some sort of buildup. I used a soap bar, from kathymack (I LOVED how it felt in my hair, it was curlier, too!), but when I washed it out the gummy feeling was still there. It's been feeling limp and not as curly, too. I don't know what's wrong with it. I searched on the forums but there we're so many things... Buildup, hard water, needs protein... I'm so confused my hair wasn't like this before... Just getting worse the last 3 days or so. My canopy is pretty dry, so I didn't think it was protein, and I never had hard water issues before (I've never used anything else though). I thought it could be buildup; none of my products have silicones, but one I just got has a polyquat low on the list which I don't think my hair likes. The second ingredient is Dehydroxanthan Gum in the same product. I just started using that a few days ago, but I don't know if those types of ingredients can build up? Wouldn't cowashing or at least a soap bar remove them? I don't want to use a shampoo, but I just don't know how to get my hair back to normal!
curl type: 2c/3a
porosity: low
hair strand width: medium
density: thick
elasticity: low-normal
Shoulder length

Ready to get back on the CG bandwagon!