Can I do a quick Starbucks rant for a moment, here?

We have this woman that comes into work a few times a week and orders a Trenta (that's 30 ounces, folks. Actually, it might even be 31 ounces?) green iced tea... With no water, and no ice.

Look. For all that Starbucks does to over charge people (and actually, based on some stuff I've read, it "should" be more expensive), when it comes to our iced tea, you get a pretty reasonable price. Like, honestly. When we add water to our tea, we're not doing it to rip you off or make a dollar stretch further. We're doing it because we brew it in a pretty concentrated manner, and it NEEDS to be watered down. I guess some people prefer it without, but there are very few. As for the ice, it's stored at room temperature, and I think it's straight up nasty without ice, but to each their own. I will concede that the ice is something of a space filler, but hello... We're not the only ones to do that. So anyway, either one of these on its own is somewhat understandable. But BOTH no water and no ice? Stop. You're just being cheap right now.

Our tea pitchers hold 2 liters aka ~67 ounces. So, she uses up almost half of our pitcher, and only pays for it like she's using... I don't know, 10 ounces? At a normal store there might be a way to charge someone for a customization like this, but at our store, there isn't. So I just have to smile and nod and pour her drink when she orders it. Also, she's like 6'5'' and scares the crap out of me.

Do you KNOW how many drinks I could make with 30 ounces of concentrated tea? A LOT. One 2L pitcher is usually enough to last us through a normal day.

So you can imagine my annoyance when she waltzed in at 6 PM today, with her usual order, thereby using up all of the tea that we had left. I had to make a whole extra pitcher, and I'm 100% positive that it won't get used. It's people like this that ruin things for the rest of us!

This job will be the death of me.

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey