View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
lucyprimrose

CJ Daily Fix might be good as it is a cleansing conditioner that can remove lighter cones (eg amodimethicone) and tackle hard water deposits. It is really gentle, not cheap but lasts a while (esp if you use it more weekly). Any low poo might be worth a go, some are very gentle and won't send you off track. I accidently used a full on sulfate wash a while back and apart from feeling a bit drier that night it was fine, and that may have been the light conditioner I used not the sulfate. Other gentle low poos include Jessicurl Hair Cleansing cream, and Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo (not tried that last one personally but it's cheaper than many and reportedly very gentle so might be useful if you end up doing a few low poos in your ongoing routine. I don't think low poos are a problem at all, but also cowashing alone shouldn't cause this feeling so quickly. I don't know what the ph of the soapbar was but sometimes that can react with elements of hard water to leave deposits on the hair. If so a chelating shampoo if worth a try, but try Daily Fix first if you can as it is much gentler and has some chelating abilities. I would set aside the soap bar temporarily (unless someone more informed than me chips in otherwise which is highly possible!) and try co washing most of the time, but washing with a very gentle cleanser like the ones mentioned above every 3rd or 4 th wash and see how you go. Meanwhile, check your co wash, rinse out and leave ins/stylers for anything that might be causing an issue, ie. very oil rich, suspicious ingredient. If a rinse out is too oil rich for you, you can probably use it up by mixing in with a lighter one.

ps. I don't think this probably has much to do with current issue but for future ref, I don't know whether you personally need protein but having a dry canopy or very dry hair doesn't necessarily mean you don't need it. Sometimes we need moisture and protein.

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.

Last edited by lucyprimrose; 03-29-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: adding
lucyprimrose is offline   Reply With Quote