sKorpio1190 and I have similar hair, and obviously similar philosophies... low maintenance! My sig might look like a lot, but most of it is done once a week or so. I have a "hair night" every 7-10 days where most fancy stuff happens.

My routine is co-wash, conditioner, KCCC in the shower, wrap it up (a loose flour sack turban works for me) while I get dressed, let it down, and scrunch in gel. It takes no longer than when I used to try to wear my hair straight or less curly. I let my hair air dry either way, using a low heat diffuser if the weather outside is cold and I want my roots dry before I leave the house. Sometimes I use a single clip to position my bangs area while my hair air drys. And I definitely wasted time using a flat iron to even things out when I was trying to "go straight."

I think, with experimenting, you can find the minimalist routine that works for you. Plus, those things I do once a week make my minimal daily routine go a lot better. Investing time in overnight coconut oil and a protein treatment once a week means better hair days, and less styling, every day in between - for me, at least.
I sort of blog
I'm mostly away doing field work through mid-May.

Hair: curlybob, fine, dense, low-po, big waves/ringlets (2C/3A)
Co-Wash: Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
RO: YTC Carrot, Aubrey Organics GPB
LI: BS Shea Soft Styling Cream (HG)
Styling: KCCC, Garnier P&C Gel
1xWeek: low-poo, gelatin PT or Joico K-Pak
Hair Likes: aloe, coconut oil, humidity, protein, long walks on the beach