View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
goldencurly

Default advice needed plz: UPDATED w bef/aft photos & recipe

I had this on the color board but got no responses so I am moving it here for more traffic.

My hair was a mix of golden blond and strawberry-blond streaks that look red against the blond. I used to have about 7 different shades of blond and red. But almost all of my red seems to have turned white while the blond is still blond. I look like a light blond with platinum highlights and I don’t like it. I thought I'd just leave it natural but I look washed out.

I am at a loss as to what to do with it now. It is totally natural and I don’t want to color it and all of it to be just one color and blah. I have no idea how to get it back to the way it used to look. I cannot afford to have it done in a salon, so I will be doing it at home. I am thinking of doing “low lights” with a light reddish-brown to darken it up a wee bit but keep it multi-colored. I know that will not cover the gray, just give it back a multi-dimensional look. My hair is fine, thin, dry and breaks easily so I will need to use a very gentle color.

What kind of hair color should I use?

Can I do low-lights with henna?

Color and product suggestions?

All suggestions will be appreciated!

Last edited by goldencurly; 04-09-2013 at 10:45 AM.
goldencurly is offline   Reply With Quote