LL - a little over a year ago, I seriously entertained the idea of shaving my head and getting a wig. I hated my hair and was miserable about it the condition it was in. I spent hours researching wigs and actually went shopping for one. Luckily, I found this site before the razor came out and jumped into CG like my life depended on it.

My first post on this site is here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...hair-loss.html (post #13). That was about whether or not my IUD was responsible for the hair issues I was having. I did have it removed but, since my hair started getting better immediately after going CG, I don't think the IUD had as much to do with the hair trouble as I thought. Regardless, I'm happy not to have it in me!

I've no doubt that changing the products I use and not coloring my hair anymore (yay!) has changed it dramatically. I am an ingredient fanatic, and use only the most natural products I can find. Also, I went through a period of about three months of doing protein treatments twice a week - I know it sounds like a lot but my hair LOVES protein. Of course, I deep conditioned after the PT. I did a lot of scalp massage, too.

My hair now is healthier, curlier and better looking than it has been in years. I get compliments on it all the time. A few months ago, my sister and her hubby were over and my bro-in-law said to me (after using the bathroom) "Why in the heck do YOU need thickening conditioner. I mean, gawd!!" Shoot, that's the nicest thing my BIL has ever said to me -that alone is proof that I'm doing something right!

Hang in there!
CG since 4/15/12
2c-3b, fine to medium, high porosity, low elasticity
20% gray (stopped coloring 6/12)

LOVES: protein, Shea Moisture condish. & masque, KCCC, Re:Coil (HG), Kiss My Face Upper Mgmt. gel, my own FSG!

does not love: non-cg ingredients, oils, PVA/PVP, synthetic fragrances or poly-quats