iroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi.G View Post
Disturbing topic:

Why are kids so fascinated with the choking game? I have been doing some more reading and research on it. I am mainly trying to find statistics, which are still lacking (and have reason to be), because the game itself is not hard to figure out. It is the door to autoerotic asphyxiation. I just can't... WHY? 4 kids in my area of died of this in under a year. I would have to imagine the actual total count is very high at this point.

ETA: Estimated 82 deaths of 11-19 years olds (some younger) from 97-2007. Probably much higher. Thanks to the mass amount of videos about it on YouTube, the popularity has sky rocketed. Estimated 1 out of 16 kids has tried it. Between choking to get high and synthetic pot, I am floored and puzzled.
My generation did it. My moms generation did it. Its been going on probably forever. Its a bit of a high, and human beings are interested in getting 'high' one way or another. I an not worried about it leading to other thing bc when it comes to more intense things they either do or they don't. The problem is parents don't talk to their kids. They don't take time to have a relationship with their kids. They are too busy involved in other things and get their kids involved in other things but avoid spending actual time with them themselves. A lack of relationship means the kids won't feel comfortable talking to their parents, and they certainly won't base their actions on whether their parents will approve of them or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CurlTalk App
True, it (it being AEA more so than CG and both being a pleasurable high) has been documented since the 1700's, but it is the most prevalent now. Part of that is due to 'how to' videos that are extremely popular on you tube.

If you look up choking game, you will find autoerotic in related topics, and vice versa. No, it may not start out that way (or be known at that point) but it can lead there. Hypoxia gives boys erections, and the choking game is more popular with boys than girls. Hmmmm... Wonder why.

Iroc, I like to read up on this stuff. I am the one answering the phone when a mother finds her son hanging by his belt. *Ugh! This app!* which is happening all too frequently, when we had no calls like this for years before.

The Internet is so amazing and useful in so many ways - and yet I cringe at the ways it is scary by it allows people with unstable thoughts find other people with unstable thoughts, and together they believe their unstable thoughts are okay - if that makes any sense. I think you'll know what I mean.

Clearly AEA is not okay.