Okay, so i wash my hair at night, and then apply my product which is strong hold gel. then, i sleep with it above the pillow as to not ruin my curls so much. when i wake up, my curls are pretty much in tact, soft, defined, they pretty much look the same as when i went to bed, just not wet. however, the problem is, when i go to sleep i kinda scrunch out the crunch a little when i roll around and such, so there's not as much hold in my hair as the day goes on...

back to my question...i use quite a lot of gel in order to maintain my hair style overnight, but i was just wondering, to refresh my curls in the morning could i for example, spritz it lightly with water, or maybe a mixture of condish and water, and then add a tiny bit of gel to my hair to put some extra hold back in, or would that cause disruption and frizz? also what would be the best way to reapply this small amount of gel if i was to do this? suggestions please!

ps my hair is low porosity, 2c/3a with loose waves underneath, and coarse (i think)