Hi Anyanka!
I have used the Keratin Cure, Gold and Honey and have been extrememly happy with it. The old formula of Gold and Honey was better in my opinion, but it probably did have formaldehyde in it and that is why they reformulated it. What type of hair do you have? I am a 3B and have used many different keratins and find this one fairly mild. I do not go stick straight with it. I also have very minimal eye irritation, so I do think it as close to formaldehyde free as they claim.
I have also used this on my daughter and she is extrememly happy with the results. She is mostly a 2B, but with lots of hair that expands in the humididty. She does get straight hair with this, but her hair is only slightly wavy to begin with.
The only other formaldehyde free that I can compare it to that I have used is QOD max organics. Did not like that formula at all and I have used QOD stronger products in the past and have been very happy with them. They missed the mark on the organics for me, but other people seem to be happy with it. Again, Im sure its up to your hair type and what you expect the product to do.
Any other questions, feel free to ask.
3B dark brown shoulder length
Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in