View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #59
Boomygrrl

I also don't care about where one gets their pets, whether one recycles or not, whether some company does animal testing (I know...evil!!!), bracelets for whatever cause, what actors/singers think about politicians, gun control legislation or the lack thereof (evil again, I know)

I have my own views, but I don't get into "oh, you're enlightened because you agree, or you're evil if you disagree" conversations...I used to...then I realized we're not one dimensional. I respect well-thought out views, whatever they are.

Some sports is fun, but debates about this team or that team...blah blah blah.

Don't care about fashion, about gossip, about celebrities' private lives (unless it truly is extraordinary and inspirational...which most are not)...

Don't care about every detail about what the media finds fascinating (court cases, royal weddings, any event that should only take a minute or two and they spend 15-30 minutes on multiple days...just briefly say Lance Armstrong messed up, natural disaster info, Dennis Rodman's wackadoo visit to North Korea...stop repeating it over and over again....uggggh!

Rather than focusing on the White House garden or whatever other "feel good" topic, why not focus more on legislation, policies that actually effect our lives, our rights, etc. ?

People's sex lives...please...it's not that interesting.

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Boomygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote